Acupuncture Treatments in Santa Clarita Valley
Suffering with pain? Call (661) 288-1212 to learn more.
Acupuncture is widely known to relieve pain, but it is also helpful for many conditions where pain is not the primary issue. At Valencia Sports Medicine, our therapies feature some of the most modern and cutting-edge treatments, but we also believe in a multi-disciplinary approach as well. Not only do we offer the industry’s latest treatment options, but we also provide ancient Eastern medicine alternatives.
Our acupuncture therapies can help treat:
- Gynecological disorders
- Pre and Postnatal care
- Common colds
Healing with a Natural Touch
Acupuncture may be an ancient healing technique, but it is certainly still practiced today. For many individuals, acupuncture has helped treat common ailments such as minor pain, migraines, anxiety, and other illnesses or conditions – with no reported side-effects.
For many of our clients, acupuncture is a natural alternative in treating serious medical issues quickly, holistically, effectively, and safely. Partnered with our fully qualified, certified, and trained physicians, you can be on your journey towards better health in little to no time at all.
At Valencia Sports Medicine, our Santa Clarita sports medicine physicians believe in treating the whole person – not just the problem. We take the time to get to know you, your concerns, and your symptoms so we can apply a workable solution that can help you live in the healthiest way possible.
In addition to acupuncture, we also offer the following treatments:
- Electro-Acupuncture: a technique using electrical stimulation of the needle points to increase therapeutic benefits.
- Cupping: a therapy designed to stimulate blood flow through the use of small glass cups. A vacuum is created under the cap using heat and suction. When needed, the cups can be moved along the skin.
- Moxabustion: a treatment consisted of burning a dried Chinese herb called Mugwort. It is used to warm acupuncture points to enhance the healing process
- Tui Na: a massage technique that translates ‘push grasp’ that moves vital energy in various parts of the body. Its used mostly to relieve muscle pain, tension and inflammation.
- Gua Sha: another technique that produces an anti-inflammatory and immune protective effect that persists for days following a single treatment. This accounts for its effect on pain, stiffness, fever, chill, cough, wheeze, nausea and vomiting etc.,
Your Common Questions Answered
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a medical science used by early physicians in East Asia for more than 5000 years to treat pains and dysfunctions in the body. There are over 500 acupuncture points on the body that directly affects the body’s energy network, called Qi. Qi has no direct English translation, but can be translated as ‘vital energy’ or ‘life force’. Qi is the force that gives things life, animation and movement.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Chinese Medicine works to balance a person’s internal environment. Physical, emotional and environmental stressors that each affect the body differently. The use of hair-thin needles at particular acupuncture points, or points of discomfort, create an endorphin response that releases energy triggering the body’s natural instinct to heal itself.
How Should I prepare for the visit?
Wear loose comfortable clothes. This allows us to easily access the acupuncture points. Try not to come hungry, and please bring any questions or concerns you might have.
For further questions please call the office at (661) 288-1212. We are located conveniently in the heart of Valencia to meet your needs at 27430 The Old Rd, Valencia CA 91355.